Top 25 Hollywood Stylists
The Grammys will be on this this evening and we can’t wait to see the what everyone is wearing this year. From the Oscars to the Grammys, a great deal of work goes into perfecting the celebrity ensembles. The stylists behind the looks play a crucial role. The Hollywood reporter comes out with a list of the top 25 celebrity stylists at the end of each award season. Here’s a recap of last years most influential style gurus that made the list.
1. ELIZABETH STEWART: From Cannes to the Oscars, she dressed Cate Blanchett, Sandra Bullock and Julia Roberts in 102 looks.
2. PETRA FLANNERY: She dressed two of last awards season’s majors: American Hustle’s Amy Adams and Homeland’s Claire Danes. And prefers not to play it safe
3. MICAELA ERLANGER: Erlanger took Hollywood newcomer Lupita Nyong’o from unknown to red carpet queen.
4. KARLA WELCH: The bicoastal styling duo styled nine actresses for the Globes alone, one of them co-host Amy Poehler.
5. LESLIE FREMAR: Charlize, Reese, Julianne, Scarlett — she’s one of the few with enough first name-only clients to rival Elizabeth Stewart.
6. RACHEL ZOE: A celebrity in her own right, Zoe boasts clients such as Jennifer Lawrence and Sofia Vergara.
7. JEANANN WILLIAMS: She dressed client (and sister-in-law) Naomi Watts in white, sparkly Calvin Klein at the Oscars.
8 ILARIA URBINATI: One of Hollywood’s most in-demand fashion talents, Urbinati was the stylist with the fastest-growing clientele base last awards season.
9. SAMANTHA MCMILLEN: McMillen walks between fashion A-list and Hollywood royalty, which she knows better than almost anyone else.
10. CRISTINA EHRLICH: Alison Brie and Greta Gerwig were New Year’s presents — I started working with them in December,” says Ehrlich.
11. ERIN WALSH: Many of the stylists on THR’s list are willing to take risks, but only Walsh has pushed the envelope with a pregnant client — Kerry Washington.
12. MARIEL HAENN: They’re as close as it comes to rock-star styling royalty, with such clients as — this just in — Pharrell Williams.
13. KATE YOUNG: Clients like Emilia Clarke find their every move obsessively observed by the fashion crowd.
14. PENNY LOVEL: After more than a decade of working with Rachel Zoe, Anne Hathaway was ready to mix it up, so she hired Lovell.
15. SOPHIE LOPEZ: A fresh entry on the Hollywood stylist scene, Lopez has made the most of her entree by dressing Kate Hudson in a much- praised gown at the 2014 Oscars.
16. RYAN HASTINGS: The press-shy New Yorker almost always dresses Carey Mulligan and Rooney Mara in black or white.
17. KELLY HURLIMAN: One word: Oprah.
18. JOSEPH CASSELL: From appearances to advertising campaigns, Cassell keeps Taylor Swift looking stylish.
19. JOHNNY WUJEK: Wujek excels at styling for every stripe, from mass glam (Kim Kardashian) to edgy cool (Kate Mara) to outrageously pop (Katy Perry).
20. TARA SWENNEN: Swennen, a self-described “T-shirt, Converse sneakers and jeans-wearing girl,” shares similarly laid-back taste with longtime client Kristen Stewart.
21. SARAH SLUTSKY: Slutsky takes risks with her young client Emma Watson that have led to acclaim for looks like her dress-over-pants ensemble at the Golden Globes.
22. JEN RADE: Angelina Jolie positions her atop the Hollywood-fashion food chain, while Zosia Mamet keeps her on fashion’s cutting edge.
23. WENDI & NICOLE FERREIRA: The sisters keep their approach low-key.
24. SIMON ROBINS: Matthew McConaughey’s awards wear was much more than “all right.” Robins is why.
25. JEANNE YANG: The veteran stylist suited up Christian Bale (American Hustle) and Oscar-winning director Alfonso Cuaron (Gravity) for award shows.